Sunday, July 25, 2010

May 31, 2010

Hey family,

So you are finally up in the mountains. That sounds so good. It has to be so nice up there. I keep forgetting that you have a dog. So it is pretty cold up there. It has been pretty cold here too. It has rained almost all week. The roads get so muddy and our shoes and pants get so dirty. It is more fun like that though. We helped an old lady cross a muddy street and I got filthy. Oh well. When it gets cold and rainy that means that all Argentines just stay in the house. So that helps with getting into houses and teaching lessons, but not for church. Good thing that it cleared up on Sunday. It cleared up and was just cold on Sunday so that helped a lot. Elder Mendoza and I had a pretty good week. We brought a couple of our investigators to church. We were really happy. We had some hard weeks but it is changing now. We have one investigator that has had more baptismal dates than anyone I know. But she is finally ready. Now we are just waiting so that her husband can get the Priesthood and baptize his wife. We just have to push the bishop to have an interview with him. Hopefully everything goes well with it. We also brought someone to church that are living in a barn while they build their house. So you can imagine how their clothes look. It was fun though. They walked in a little late and it was right in the middle of Sacrament Meeting and he said with a loud voice. Good Morning to all. We didn´t have time to teach him about being quiet. He learned pretty fast though. So Elder Mendoza and I are going on 16 weeks together. That is a long time. We are getting a long OK for this long together. I have not been sleeping well though. I now know that I can not have a wife that snores. I can´t sleep at all. I bought some ear bluggs the other day and we bought some of those breath right strips for Elder Mendoza. You just can´t stop him. He really is like a train every night. But I can fight through it. Last night we stayed at the other Zone Leaders apartment so I slept in a different room then him. So I slept pretty well last night.

So this week Elder Zivic is coming. He is in the area presidency. We are all really excited. The last conference with Elder Bowen was amazing and we are all waiting for another one like that. Hope if goes well. There are going to be a lot of strikes this week with the buses. All the buses come in from Buenos Aires. If they catch a strike in any other providence we are going to have problems. We just have to hope that everything goes well.

So my birthday was pretty good. It was really slow with missionary work. Everyone was with family or hung over. We went to a couple of families houses and visited less active members. The Valle Family gave me a mate cup and straw which was way nice of them. They have a little 6 year old named Joselyn or nickname Pupi. She was so excited to give me my present. I have never seen her so happy. It was really nice. Rosa's family made me a cake and also we have some other cakes coming this week. So all in all it was as good as a birthday as you can have on the mission. It was a normal day so we had to work. But that is how it is going to be for the rest of my life. I just have to get used to that.

So my MTC group is getting smaller and smaller. We were supposed to be 4 missionaries going home together. Two are going home earlier for school. I would rather just finish my full two years. I can wait a little bit. I am getting nervous though for school. We were in a converts house helping them all with their English homework and they showed me their math homework. I am dead. I don´t remember anything. I am going to have to do some major studying when it comes to going back to school.

We are going to see what will happen in the next couple of weeks. I have three more weeks with Elder Mendoza and we are going to finish off strong. Keep praying for us. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much.

PS. i have not gotten the package yet but maybe on Thursday. If not Thursday it will be in like a couple of weeks. Also mom, could you tell me every week how much i have in my account. I guess every time I check here in charges me. So you know i have spent about 400 pesos. If you could put a little more in there just so I am safe that would be nice. I will pay all this back. I love you so much

So I have bought some stuff. I bought Bryce and I a jersey. It is pretty nice. It isn´t real but it is in between real and fake. I will send a picture home today of it. I am going to buy some mates today and some other stuff here in the capital of San Luis.








No comments:

Post a Comment